- Larry Myers sells Joplin Cement to Wallace Sparks and B.M. Radcliff. Radcliff serves as president and Sparks serves a secretary-treasurer and general manager.
- Joplin Cement is now one of the largest distributors of ready-mix concrete and plays a major role in local highway construction.
- The Monarch Cement Company, based in Humboldt, Kansas, purchases Joplin Cement Company from Ralph Sparks & family and subsequently changes the company name to Joplin Concrete Company Inc.
- The company adds an additional plant just west of Joplin on the Wildwood Ranch near the Kansas state line. The plant allows the company to better serve an expanded region, including southeast Kansas and northeast Oklahoma.
- Joplin Concrete purchases the assets of Neosho Concrete Products and begins operating the plant as Neosho Concrete – A Division of Joplin Concrete.
- Larry B. Myers, son of Frank Myers, joins the company and runs it with his father.
- Founder Frank Myers steps down from his role with the company.